sábado, 20 de julio de 2013

So What is "USA Food"?

I have several times been asked to "make a traditional 'American' meal"; the problem is, I have no idea what that is. I try to explain that we are a melting pot and for this reason every family has its own traditions and foods that come with it.

...more often, I find mysef defending US cuisine saying it is not just hamburgers (from Germany) and hotdogs. However, after this statement I find myself lost.

I am making a list so that I can refer to it in the future:
-(apple) pies
-peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
-pancakes (with peanut butter, cinnamon, chocolate, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries)
-fried green tomatoes
-potato skins
-bagel pizzas
-chili
-mashed potatoes
-buffalo wings
-chocolate chip cookies
-ginger-bread houses
-brownies
-up-side-down cakes
-cheesecake
-ice-cream cakes
-corn dogs
-home-made hamburgers
-yogurt and granola
-cinnamon rolls
-sugar cereal for breakfast
-home-made pop-tarts
-ice cream sandwiches
-maple syrup
-hash browns
-boardwalk fries
-boiled peanuts
-bacon and eggs and toast for breakfast
-maple syrup on bacon
-french toast
-

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario