miércoles, 5 de junio de 2013

2nd Day of lonliness

And now I am going to spend the time to make a post all about one day. This should be an indication to the not-fun I had today. I feel bad saying I had not-fun. It was fun, or rather, it should have been, but I was alone and had less fun. Until I was with people for a bit and it flipped my frown and made the day a happy one. I am most definitely a people person. And I do not need privacy.


So WHAT DID I DO? After the park excursion I mentioned. I set off for las cascadas de San Rafael, which do not exist. If you ask for this place you will be suggested to get off the bus a long ways away from where you want to be and will have to pay for a second bus to take you to where you paod the first bus to take you, “Chocolo”. You want to ask for “Las Cascadas de Molinuco” or simply “Molinuco”. At Chocolo,  despite what the different ppl will tell you about not being able to get there by bus, or busses not passing,  or the waterfalls not existing, or having to take a taxi, there is a bus that will take you to not close to the entrance. From there you will have a lonely walk in which you might possibly see one or two other humans for the entire 2 hour hike (walking at a moderate pase and stopping to take pictures). If you are luckly like me an Asian man who has paid a taxi to drive him there all the way from Quito will pick you up the last 30 min walk and then after you run through the hour 45 min trail in 30 mins he will agree to take you all the way back to quito saving you 2 hours of busses, providing you company, and an arrival in Quito before it gets super super dark. BUT highlights: I was not alone for half  a day,  I ran through a forest trail, found 5 waterfalls.

I realize I sound like very whiny. It was great, but would have been better with people. and this is how I would have done it:

I would have arrived early morning hiked had lunch at one of the waterfalls bathed in the river hiked to the others. slept in my hammock in the woods, woken up ventured to other waterfalls, spent more time chilling in the water. leave the forest. do the horse back ride to the looking spot? and then eaten there? would have had to pack at least lunchdinner and breakfast. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario